Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this morning I went to feed Stu his usual breakfast of Betta Bio-Gold Pellets, which I usually give him around three. He ate the first one, but when eating the second, he continuously ate it and then regurgitated it . I removed it, and replaced the pellet, but then he continued doing the same thing. Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with Stu?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sometimes the pellets are different sizes and it was probably just too big for him.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... Ive had him for a few days now, and he was eating the pellets fine before today.

·
Registered
884 Posts
yea but sometimes you get the odd one thats like 2 stuck together.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wouldn't worry, bettas don't eat a lot so if he doesn't feel like eating today it's not a big issue.

Do you soak your pellets before you feed him? They're easier for the fish to eat that way.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I haven't tried that yet, so hopefully that will work. Would it also help for him to have a feeding schedule?

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you soak the pellet before feeding the nutrients get leached out into the water and not in your fishies belly where it should be.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you soak the pellet before feeding the nutrients get leached out into the water and not in your fishies belly where it should be.
Really? I hadn't heard that.

OP, maybe if your fish doesn't warm up to pellets you should try flakes then? I've used both in the past and I prefer pellets because they're easier to clean up after, but my fish seem to prefer flakes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill try again this afternoon to feed him... Maybe he will be hungry then. I'll also try soaking them before hand, although my pellets are the ones that float.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts