Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was checking in on my crowntail betta, Vincent, this is when I started to notices some white flecks on his tail fins. This is actually new. I have moved to college had had done his second full water change yesterday since our move. I have always had issues with his tank as whenever I do a full water change there is a film on the top of it. I even changed the filter.
But this white stuff on his fins is new. He's energy level is the same.

I have him in a 2.5 gallon tank, it's filtered, but unheated. When I bought filters yesterday I had purchased a thermometer to stick to his tank (outside)

Is there anyway to tell for sure if this is cotton fin fungus? And how do I get rid of the film on top of his tank? This always happens after a full water change and goes away in a few days but in all the years I've had bettas this is the first time I've had this issue with the tank.

The picture that I uploaded (attempted) shows the film on the top and some of the white on Vincent's fins. It's rather small but it's there.

Thanks
Jess

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
What brand of water conditioner do you use? Many leave a film on the surface like that, so it's probably just your conditioner, hence it always happens after a water change. As for the white on his fins, I can't really say without a clearer picture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always used TopFin Betta Water Conditioner

And I've taken a new phone of it, but it's really small so it's difficult to tell, plus he likes to move whenever I try to take a picture

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts