Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but I really dig it. I got my first betta fish about half a year ago and now I've upgraded him from a 1 gallon tank to a 10 gallon. Some algae had gotten into his 1 gallon tank and I couldn't get rid of it, so I just decided to upgrade since petsmart had a tank sale. He's been in his new tank for four days. I even got him some rummynose tetra friends and a little snail, who all seem very happy and active in their new home.

I did run the filter in the tank and added conditioner before adding the fish for a day.

However, I'm a little concerned about my betta's health. He did have fin rot at one point but I cured it. Ever since then he would always float at the top of the tank and not move much. I feed him a diet of only frozen blood worms, and recently introduced him to the occasional fish flakes that I feed the other fish. I even gave him a pea and fasted him before moving him to the 10 gallon, but he still stays at the top.

So is his swim bladder messed up even though I fasted him? Should I just try changing 50 or 30% of the tank water? Is he just depressed? I'm not really sure what to do :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is always facing away from them and I feel like he hasn't even noticed that they are there. Is there any way to be sure?

And if that's the case, what should I do? I still have my 1 gallon tank but I'd feel pretty bad about putting him or the tetras in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bettas don't usually like other fish that swim around with them. They especially don't like active fish. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong. I would suggest moving the tetras to another tank. So as not to stress the betta any more. The see how he acts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts