Betta Fish Forum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I've lost 3 fish in the course of 6 weeks. It's been hard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is beautiful! It makes me happy to think of my two bettas there! My second one didn't have much of a life, he died in four days after I got him from Walmart. :( At least he died in a clean tank with stuff to swim around, rather than in one of those small, filthy cups. Again, absolutely beautiful! All fish deserve this.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I know all about the rainbow bridge poem for all the other pets. I have never read one for our finned friends. I have to tell you this one definitely spoke to me the most. It is really beautiful and it touched my heart greatly.

I don't consider fish keeping a "hobby"...I don't consider having dogs or cats or my rodents a "hobby"...why would my fish be considered one. They are more than a hobby they are part of my (our) family and should be considered as such.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thankyou for this touching post!! I am getting ready to lay to rest my sweet female Betta named Ms. Fanny. She passed December 31, 2015 from dropsy. I have the little plot of soil next to a flowering blue Hyacinth. I am waiting her white crystal cross from Hong Kong now.

·
Registered
Neptune, Venus, Blush, Tinty, Atlantis, & Pinky. SIP Geneva, Saturn, Ruby, Blush, and Crystal.
1,133 Posts
This was so happy and sad. I do hope that there is such a place. All our babies are swimming together. What a wonderful thought! I am still trying to get past the lump and keep the tears at bay. 💕

·
Registered
680 Posts
I ended up here by following @FishandBirdLover 's signature link. I went to the original post to see what it was about (beyond the obvious) and I could almost not make it to the end - I am such a crybaby when it comes to pets!

Sending lots of love and virtual hugs to all of you who have lost a fish (or other pet) 💕

·
Registered
Nebby (RIP); Lillie.
17 Posts
Beautiful poem that has brought me a little bit of peace on this tragic day, thank you very much for sharing. I like to believe that my Nebby is now swimming under the Rainbow Bridge, free from the ailment that has plagued him for months and no longer stressed from the weight of his long fins. Now excuse me as I go cry.

·
Registered
Neptune, Venus, Blush, Tinty, Atlantis, & Pinky. SIP Geneva, Saturn, Ruby, Blush, and Crystal.
1,133 Posts
Beautiful poem that has brought me a little bit of peace on this tragic day, thank you very much for sharing. I like to believe that my Nebby is now swimming under the Rainbow Bridge, free from the ailment that has plagued him for months and no longer stressed from the weight of his long fins. Now excuse me as I go cry.
I'm so sorry. Nebby was beautiful. 💕

181 - 190 of 190 Posts