Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at my fish,Raman float at the top of the the water and turn sideway a bit.The same thing happen to Auzl!Is it good of bad??

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
If he is otherwise acting and eating okay....then it may be a genetic issue...I can't say its normal per se....but it may not be problematic unless he has other symptoms along with the side floating.......

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Some bettas I have had liked to rest on the top, sorta on their side. It worried me, but they were always healthy xD If he is bloated, and "coughing" up huge bubbles it's SBD, if not then he's fine... My friend's betta I am sure has permanent SBD. but yours doesn't sound like that :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope his not,but Raman is blowing like mad lol!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did I post this at the wrong place again?

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Bubble nests are normal and really good :) if he swims awkwardly then yeah there could be a problem, but he might be like my male who sleeps on his side ><

And it is, but that's ok maybe a mod can move it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AHHH!Raman just float on it's side for 3 seconds 3 times!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its ok, my betta sleeps on his side a little to.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My betta did the same thing. He's probably constipated or has swim bladder disorder, both of which are caused from overfeeding. Fast him for 2 days, it should help. Also, if he continues to bloat, add 1/8 of a teaspoon of Kosher Salt. I did this with Mr. Bubbles (he was swimming almost upside down and really bloated), and he's fine. Mr. Bubbles got like this after I gave him a teeny, tiny, microscopic piece of a freeze-dried bloodworm, I think he's allergic to them, since he does this every time I've given him one of those. What are you feeding them and how much? Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd love to help :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He can't very swim well,and I been feeding my fish 1-2 everyday 2 times(Ever since Raman is sick).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When he swim down he float back up!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
It sounds like your fish is having trouble with his swim bladder. Try withholding food for 2-3 days and see if that won't help a bit. If it doesn't you can find lots more info on how to treat the issues in diseases and emergencies. Sometimes if I feed too much though my boys do that too, so don't panic too much yet.

·
Registered
265 Posts
my female sam1 did that so than i wanted to see if she liked it in a bowl better, she did, and still does and now instead of staying on the top and swimming on her side she swims all over in her bowl

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Bresn, how are they doing today?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He is still the same.He like to get sick...Fow first fin rot this!?I care for my fish same and Azul is not sick!?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.