Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my female betta has a swollen belly area her tail is skinny but the very front of her is swollen. She eats normally, she swims fine she is all over the tank, she stays close to the bottom, but she doesn't "lay" on the bottom she just swims and hovers near the bottom sometimes but she swims every where and doesn't swim funny. She is in a 50 gallon, with guppies, and some dwarf gourami and neons, she does poop I don't know how much but I have seen her poop while she has been swollen, she has been this way like a month, we have had her a month and one week. Is she just eggy? Water temperature is constantly 76-78 (need a bigger heater) Nitrites have been high but are now normal, there is aquarium salt in the tank, Nitrates are normal, water is soft, alkalinity is normal, ph 6.8 -7.0 it varies at times, filter uses biomedia stuff lol I don't know what all info you guys need

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I would remove the AQ salt from the water and try using Epsom Salt. Use 1 teaspoon per gallon of water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't moving her into a different tank be better than draining a 50 gallon tank? Also what do you think she may have that epsom salt would help with?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Epsom salt helps relieve pressure on internal organs and also draw out any impurities and excess fluids from your fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts