Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Puck.
I dont think he's stressed or anything.
But when hes beside the rest of his family he flares like crazy; and all the flaring shreds his fins, and when i separate him he bites them -_-
so its either tail damage...or tail damage.
ideas?
He seems very happy though.
and healing tips pls :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
wait... You keep male bettas in the same tank/in view of each other? That may be causing him to bite hit tail due to stress.. Never have male bettas in the same tank. For recovery use .5tsp/gal in warm water(about 80 degrees) to help recovery&feed high protein.

·
Registered
206 Posts
you said he flares like crazy when he sees them and once you separate him he bites right? yhe bites becasuse he's stressed&worked up about the other betta. Keep a piece of paper or take them away from view of each other. It should stop.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Tanks should never be near each other. >:-( He must be so stressed!
Daily water changes and (I believe) Aquarium salt? Hope he gets better.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I would put him in treatment of treats(lol) Some bettas are more aggressive than others. Move his tank? Switch the items around? Feed him a treat every so often? I hope he gets better.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Try putting him next to your female. That often distracts them. Put paper between the tanks for a few hours of the day so he can rest. Then he won't be too stressed about either. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
My betta recently got some fin rot and he healed up pretty well with a bit of aquarium salt + medication containing Melaleuca as the active ingredient. Put him in a small tank/cup for a while and keep it dark, maybe cover it with a dark cloth. That will make him rest easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts