Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is the wrong section of the forum to be posting in, but I figured it kind of aligned?

I have a red, male crowntail betta that I've had for almost 9 months. He started off super spunky, would flare at anyone that approached the tank and lived his punky little life.

However, a few months ago, I started noticing that he was getting some blue sections in his tail that were thicker than the other strands of his crowntail, and were variant in blue color and intensity.

Last month, he had a small fungal infection around this marbled area of his tail. I treated it, it seems to have gone away, but the blue parts of his tail are darker, and there is now a gap in his tail. Only reason I'm super concerned about it is because he seems to be having a difficult time swimming here and there, and he doesn't flare at anything anymore. Even himself in a mirror. And now I'm noticing that the scales on his body are beginning to darken.

Is it possible that the fungal infection scarred his tail? Or is this something more that I should be concerned about?

I appreciate the help, I'll attach a picture of my boy as reference.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts