Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My 10-gallon tank is finally cycled and I am ready to buy my betta!

I love dumbo ears but many of them I have seen are labeled dumbo half-moon. I am worried about getting a betta that has oversized pectoral fins and is a half-moon because I think they would have a hard time swimming around. I have some pictures of these "dumbo half moons" and I sort of feel like they're actually delta tails.. in which case I think they will have a fine time getting around! Can anyone confirm this for me?

There were also two boys who really caught my eye who are not dumbos but they're just too pretty not to share!

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's difficult to tell the difference between a delta and halfmoon when the fish is not flaring/displaying.
That being said....

Fish 1 looks like a Rose tail, excessiving branching causes the jagged appearance on the caudal fin.

Fish 2 Looks like a super delta but impossible to tell unless the fish is flaring/displaying, or could appear to be delta because of lack of flaring/exercise while the caudal was developing.

Fish 3 Looks like a Delta tail with possible fin damage/rot.

Fish 4 Marble gene possible delta/halfmoon, impossible to tell at the angle.

Fish 5 Marble gene possible Halfmoon or super delta, In my opinion the healthiest looking fish, no fin curling, no fin clamping, no fin damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts