Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, you gotta be sick of me now :lol: I just get confused. Mainly because I have "VT females" who have short fins, and then the long finned ones too... However my two new gals, have very short fins (as does LaLa) I'll post them and won't argue with ya.

However, can someone post two pictures, one VT and one PK, and point out the differences for me? I wanna be able to tell :roll:

Dianne
LaLa
Misteltoe

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Man, I hate telling fin type with girls. ><
The 1st and 3rd look like VT's to me...not sure about #2 though.
It's really uncommon to find PK girls in petstores. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ehh same place as I got Madame, my only PK :lol: But same place as I got my VTs :roll: These ones actually came large, and colorful (other than Misteltoe who was all stressed out!) unlike my VTs from that store.

Most of my VTs I've gotten from petsmart in the city now :/ but these girls are local :3

Since I've only had ONE PK it's so darn hard to tell!! D: I just...can't grasp it xD

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
first and third actually look like CTs or combtails to me. I may be wrong but thats how they look to me. The second one I am not sure, but I don't think PK I have 1 PK female from walmart and the tails don't look the same.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well CTS are definitely not what I have :p although I WISH!! xDD I had 4 combtails initially in my sorority. This one is Zebra.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
:I does it matter what tail type they are? after a while, i just label all my girls as females unless i know 100%, like Lulu's a PK and Spy's a DT...

there's a tail type guide on here. just gotta find it.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I wouldn't mind knowing LOL.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had the same problem where I still can't figure out what she is, ppl say she's ST, VT or PK but I cant figure out unless I have her spawned. So I sent her to another breeder close by on wait for the results

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
her anal's wonky.... i wanna say also PK, but she's got such a cute face. .3. i linked to the tail type guide, so maybe that'll help some. :B

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
VT girls have a very swoopy anal fin. yours all look pretty square so I'm thinking PKs, maybe PK and something else. See hot the Anal fin swoops back under the tail fin? that, along with only two branches in the tail makes this a VT. PKs I know are more square.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heyyy I see that =D

and thanks for the link

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Lulu, my PK gal:

i adore her body shape. boxy. :B

and, Josie, who i think was a veil:

and Caroline, who i KNOW was a veiltail:

body shapes. :B

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahhh thanks :) Now that'll make it easier to tell what's what :lol: mostly I've been getting "count the rays" but it isn't all that easy on moving fish, plus on the site you linked, both VT and PK have 2 rays (or so) ><

Luimeril, well if VTs have the slopey anal fin, Josie would be VT =D

they're all so pretty :3

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
thanks. >w< i love how Caroline is shaped like a torpedo, Lulu is boxy, but Josie has Lulu's face, and Caroline's anal fin. xD

i miss my girls. ;n; Caroline had the BEST personality and the prettiest eyes. Josie was just a sweet gal full of curiosity. the same illness got them both. thankfully, PKs are hardy. Lulu's going on.... three years old, i think.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awww that sucks! But it's good that Lulu has lasted :3 That's a good age!!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
she's my grumpy old lady! :V

... lies. she's not grumpy. she hardly flares at the boys. xD more like 'rrrrr.... eehh, have at it, boy. flare at you want.... i'll just watch.' :V

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:lol: My Georgie is grumpy. He's been constructing a nest for the last few days, and he dislikes people looking at him :roll: Savannah is my young, grumpy female xD

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
ahhh thanks :) Now that'll make it easier to tell what's what :lol: mostly I've been getting "count the rays" but it isn't all that easy on moving fish, plus on the site you linked, both VT and PK have 2 rays (or so) ><

Luimeril, well if VTs have the slopey anal fin, Josie would be VT =D

they're all so pretty :3
the difference is anal fin, VT are swoopy and PK are square. lol their so wiley!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts