Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
J, king | Cosmo, black orchid | Jupiter, zebra nerite
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. It's been awhile, anyway I'm finally making moves on going the total natural way for my boy J and his 10 gallon tank:)

I picked up some beautiful wood today that I have soaking, along with another one. I've got some plants on the way tomorrow hopefully, then I'll quarantine them. I have a very big goal for his tank, so I'll be updating this thread when changes are made or else getting the plants:)

Here's his tank currently
Water Vertebrate Pet supply Plant Rectangle

Registered
1 Bettas, 12 Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 1 Cory, 7 Birds.
Hi all. It's been awhile, anyway I'm finally making moves on going the total natural way for my boy J and his 10 gallon tank:)

I picked up some beautiful wood today that I have soaking, along with another one. I've got some plants on the way tomorrow hopefully, then I'll quarantine them. I have a very big goal for his tank, so I'll be updating this thread when changes are made or else getting the plants:)

Here's his tank currently View attachment 1037347
I am so excited for you! Yes, make sure to update! 馃グ :love:

Reactions: Zephyrski

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kinds of plants are you going with?
Yay!! Looking forward for updates!

that is exactly what i was just going to ask!
I got some hornwort, a anubias broad leaf I believe, bolbitis, and a floating one that I forget the name of.
They should be here today (impatient waiter haha)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Much to my impatientness they aren't coming today. After many calls to FedEx they say "we'll get that out to you asap"
Right because you couldn't do that in the first place :rolleyes:
Ugh shipping places

Anyway here's his tank after a cleaning today slightly rearranged
Rectangle Pet supply Art Plant Aquatic plant

Registered
As an attorney who practices in courts that still use paper/hardcopy filing systems, FedEx is the WORST. The number of times I've admonished some poor customer service supervisor for playing with people's lives...

In this case though, at least it's only plant lives. I just hope it isn't too cold where you are right now. 馃ザ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As an attorney who practices in courts that still use paper/hardcopy filing systems, FedEx is the WORST. The number of times I've admonished some poor customer service supervisor for playing with people's lives...

In this case though, at least it's only plant lives. I just hope it isn't too cold where you are right now. 馃ザ
I've actually had worse experiences with UPS hah, but FedEx isn't too far behind. Atleast I haven't had damaged packages.. yet...
Today was the coldest day, not above 18 all day, but hopefully it stayed in a wearhouse or something all day.. ugh who knows really

Registered
1 Bettas, 12 Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 1 Cory, 7 Birds.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Decided to play around with his tank today.
Plant Rectangle Pet supply Organism Fish supply

I'm quite happy with the outcome, but I think I wanna put the background as completely black, as well as real hornwort. Maybe I'll find some more little plants to put on the Driftwood
Anyway here's J exploring
Plant Vertebrate Green Botany Leaf

Fish supply Plant Organism Water Underwater

He's literally so weird, he just squeezed his whole body under the roots of the anubias馃檮
Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Flower Glove

Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Grass Adaptation

He quite enjoys hanging out under it

Registered
Decided to play around with his tank today. View attachment 1037483
I'm quite happy with the outcome, but I think I wanna put the background as completely black, as well as real hornwort. Maybe I'll find some more little plants to put on the Driftwood
Anyway here's J exploring View attachment 1037484
View attachment 1037485

He's literally so weird, he just squeezed his whole body under the roots of the anubias馃檮 View attachment 1037487
View attachment 1037486
He quite enjoys hanging out under it
Wow! Nice tank! 馃憤 J sure is a cutie! 馃グ

Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
Your tank looks great!! And J has such a cute little face, especially at the last photo!
He's literally so weird, he just squeezed his whole body under the roots of the anubias馃檮
My betta (he was also named J, as your baby) did that all time! I miss him so much...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your tank looks great!! And J has such a cute little face, especially at the last photo!

My betta (he was also named J, as your baby) did that all time! I miss him so much...
Thank you! Gotta love some Betta face:)

Aw.. I'm sure you gave him the best life and he probably loved every second of it

Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
Aw.. I'm sure you gave him the best life and he probably loved every second of it
I had no experience when i bought him. He lived in a 2 gallon for the first 5 months, uncycled.... i feel so bad for this... But he lived 2 years with me, wich is unbelievable, depending on how much he had suffered... Atleast, now I can give Espresso, my new finned baby, the life he deserves.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts