Betta Fish Forum banner

Taking commissions! Betta fish portraits on canvas and more! [image heavy]

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Hello all! I am a professional artist who is currently pursuing two college degrees at the same time. I know photos don't always do our beloved pets justice, so I thought I would offer commissions for fish portraits! (Of course, if you want to commission a picture of something non-fish, like a different pet, or people, or anything else, I can do that too!)

I checked with the mods and I am allowed to sell these commissions for real currency, aka USD. All payments would be made through Paypal, and payment is due before I begin. Turn around can be slow - 1 to 8 weeks at the moment due to my hectic class schedule - but I can usually find some down time on the weekends (like today!)

Here are the photos of the portrait I made of my own fish, Omicron!

These mini canvases are about 2.25 inches x 2.25 inches, and come with a matching display easel. Alternatively, if you want something flat that you can frame, I can do similar sized colored pencil portraits, or portraits on watercolor paper. Examples of that work can be found at my deviantart.

Cost depends on the complexity of the fish's markings, and whether you want any "extras" - like jewelry, a detailed background, etc. I'd love to paint some pastels wearing pearls or giants wearing crowns :p thinking $25-45 depending on what you specify. That includes cost of materials, but not of shipping, since shipping costs depend on where you live.

If you would rather have a digital portrait than a physical canvas, I can do that too! My rules still apply.

At the moment I have two canvas sets left, so I can take up to two slots before I have to run to the craft store!

My rules regarding commissions:
  1. Even if you commission the art, I still own the art. That means you must give credit when you use the art anywhere on any site - you cannot claim the image as your own even though you own the fish. That being said, as long as you give credit you can feel free to use the image as your avatar, blog background, facebook header... whatever you want.
  2. If you no longer want the portrait, you cannot sell it - return it to me if you don't want it. You're free to give it as a gift to someone, though!
  3. Payment is due before I begin on your fish portrait. I've been burnt a few times so I may wait a few days to make sure your payment goes through and does not bounce. This includes the future cost of shipping for when it is done, once I calculate it based on where you live (if you live in the US it should be very cheap, less than $5 with tracking number and insurance).
  4. Turn around time is between 1 and 8 weeks. Unfortunately, while I would love to paint fish instead of take physics exams, sometimes real life gets really hectic and I have to take care of assignments, health, and pets before I can get back to art. That being said, I will stay in touch and let you know how things are going. Sometimes things happen (like all the sudden medical emergencies my family had this summer) and that deadline may go past 8 weeks, but that is really rare and again I would be in touch to keep you notified.
  5. If you read all these rules, mention veiltails in your commission request. If I don't see anything about veiltails, I'll just tell you to read the rules again lol

Are you dreaming up a desktop portrait of your favorite AquaBid win or pet store rescue? Contact me on here, on deviantart, or by e-mail at inthe13thhour(at)yahoo(dot)com. (Always write your email like that on forums, otherwise spam bots will get you!)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Beautiful artwork! I love how you did your Veiltail! He's a cutie! I'd love to have one done of my little boy Speckles, if I need to PM you with more info I can.
I'm having no luck uploading right now, so could you Email me? It's ilovemj39(at)yahoo(dot)Com :)

#5 ·
Whaaa, really? The bamboo plants seem to be thriving compared to the other plants, lmao. I guess I'll float them until they're tall enough to anchor.

#9 ·
Pics of most recent commission

Here are some pictures of the most recent commission I did for DangerousAngel!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.