Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here's a pic of my two tanks:

Ever since I got them, I kept the side of the right one covered, so the bettas don't see each other and get stressed. I took it off today because I thought this would look nicer (and it does), and I was wondering if I could keep it uncovered?

Would this stress my bettas out too much? I know the cups in pet stores are kept right next to each other, but those fish are stressed and unhealthy anyways. Neither one of my bettas are agressive--they don't flare in the mirror or anything. It's been about an hour now and they don't seem to care/notice each other =P

I'm probably worrying for nothing, I just don't want them to be stressed D= Should I re-cover that side or just leave it uncovered?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have my Betta tanks only about 1" apart, and my 2 guys are fine! It doesn't stress them out :)

·
Banned
138 Posts
i have 2 tanks right by each other. they dont flare at each other or even look at each other. they have to know there's another fish there, but they dont care.

they both look at me though. cause i got the food

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I have two tanks together, they flare if it isn't covered. I let them go at it for a few minutes a day for a little extra exercise, then re-cover it.

I agree with mattoboy, keep it uncovered and watch them for a few minutes perhaps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts