Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! so i have two male VT's. they are both in individual side-by-side tanks. the tanks do not have tops to them, they are open at the top. i have a few friends with bettas and they say that when they go to feed them, the bettas jump. i've also read on these forums that the fish jump...should i be worried that they can jump out of the tanks? because jumping is awesome, but i also dont want to put a top on the tanks. i left around 4.5 inches between the surface of the water and the top of the tanks, so i think that'll be fine, right? i doubt they can jump higher than 4.5 inches unless if they're amazingly agile ..
please let me know :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, what Duncan said! I went to my hairdresser today and asked her how her betta fish was doing and it turns out she filled her Betta's water all the way up to the top and he jumped out and landed into the trash! She didn't find him until it was too late :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
how late is too late? as a kid i found my guy when he looked all dried up, but he still moved when i picked him up O.O. i did the stupid thing and flushed him, and latter someone told me he coulda made it as he was a lung breather...
so how do you know if it's salvageable?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@duncan, thanks!
that hairdresser story sounds traumatizing.

·
Registered
713 Posts
how late is too late? as a kid i found my guy when he looked all dried up, but he still moved when i picked him up O.O. i did the stupid thing and flushed him, and latter someone told me he coulda made it as he was a lung breather...
so how do you know if it's salvageable?
... XD why even ask I'd put him back in the tank anyway, if he doesn't revive in a few hours THEN I'd deem him/her dead.

·
Registered
231 Posts
... XD why even ask I'd put him back in the tank anyway, if he doesn't revive in a few hours THEN I'd deem him/her dead.
I just asked because i am a person who has had to wheigh issues with euthanasia with pets before. Theres keeping them alive, and letting them live. sad topic but ive had to face it several times now for very close loved ones.

·
Registered
334 Posts
oh dear, being flushed down a toilet while your still alive must be traumatizing! well if he wasn't dead before he probably had a heart attack going down the toilet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts