Betta Fish Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a female betta that I will be moving to a 10 gallon planted tank once the cycling process is complete. She is a fairly docile betta and because I do not expect any aggression from her I have considered getting her a tankmate. My first idea was to put in an african dwarf frog because I have always wanted a frog. However, I have heard conflicting opinions about whether these would be a good idea to put in the same tank. I only feed my betta when the light is on so I don't expect she would steal food from the frog but it is a legitimate concern. My original idea was to keep my betta with the frog and a couple of ghost shrimp in the tank. I am still considering this combination however I am examining other stocking alternatives. I would like to put something in my tank besides tetras or corys and some fish that I am interested in are:
kuhli loaches
chili rasbora
amano shrimp
However I know vey little about any of these species and would like to know any experiences other owners have had with them. I am most interested in stocking suggestions, and knowing how many to keep. Any other species suggestions would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the chart! Although I have another inquiry. Which fish need sand over gravel in their tanks? I have gravel in my tank and have therefore had to rule out corys and loaches.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I don't think that means you can rule them out. I'm pretty sure a few people have corys in tanks with gravel. They just like to dig in sand and look for foods but I'm pretty sure they will be alright.

That being said I don't think any fish we can buy in a pet shop has a specific need of bottom.

·
Super Moderator
18,321 Posts
Closed per Betta Fish Rule #12.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.