Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I one day (months after I bought my snail) found a strange thing under the hood of my tank, and ants EVERYWHERE. I immediately pulled off the thing and destroyed it, thinking it I can hve snails, but I want to be SURE I'm getting a male. How?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Funny thing about snails, most species are hermaphrodites to my understanding if not all.

Meaning they can have male and female sex organs, so when two meet they have the capability to fertilize each other. A lot of people think snails are asexual, but that's wrong, asexual organisms have the ability to clone themselves. I don't think snails can do that. The main reason why people think that is because they'll get only one snail and all of the sudden, multiple snails appear. When really some species of snails can store sperm after mating for quite some time.

But I really don't get what you're asking? Ants? What does that have to do with snails?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just back-story and I know the one i have is a girl cuz it layed eggs, but I want a boy. It's mystery snails.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey i got one and when he sticks out his head I can see alot of things inside but nothing that looks like your image

1 - 8 of 8 Posts