Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, first I live in Malaysia, means I live where the betta fishes come from. Just saying. Second, I take care of my fishes in my room with an air-condition. Can I set it to 25°C? (25°C = 78°F)

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
That's a bit too low. If the air temperature is around 78 then the water temperature will be a bit lower. I have experience in this subject and the water is usually a bit colder than the air temperature. I would recommend heating got room to around 82-83 to ensure safety and optimal temperatures for the Betta fish

Also. Dont bettas trace back naturally from Thailand rice paddy fields. Not Malaysia.

EDIT : Bettas originate from Cambodia, Thailand. Use too be called Siam, hence the name Siamese fighting fish. And also from Malaysia

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I agree with Mo - that's a bit on the cold side. If you don't want a heater, your room temperature should be at least 80F, preferably more. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So, 83°F = 28.3°C. I should set it to 28°C and then turn it off at night and turn the ceiling fan on (I'll turn the air-condition off at 6:00 PM). I can only set the fan to 2 and 1. It's not a fast ceiling fan.

·
Registered
639 Posts
78 degrees while a bit cool for breeding, should be just fine for you pet Betta.

Jeff.:)

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
So, 83°F = 28.3°C. I should set it to 28°C and then turn it off at night and turn the ceiling fan on (I'll turn the air-condition off at 6:00 PM). I can only set the fan to 2 and 1. It's not a fast ceiling fan.
If this is going to change the air temperature, then you ought to get a heater to provide stability for the water temperature. :)

78 degrees while a bit cool for breeding, should be just fine for you pet Betta.

Jeff.:)
Jeff, if the air temp is 78, the water will be more like 75...that's on the cold side.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If this is going to change the air temperature, then you ought to get a heater to provide stability for the water temperature. :)

Jeff, if the air temp is 78, the water will be more like 75...that's on the cold side.

Many Bettas do just find in unheated tanks and bowls here and the room is at 70 - 72 degrees. Yes a bit cool for a tropical, but with proper water changes and feeding he should be perfectly fine at 75 degrees....:)

Jeff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts