Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1167 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always known that their were terrible tanks out there, but not anything like these! These tanks are way to small for a suitable habitat for bettas. What may look good to humans may not look good to bettas!

The "Oh Betta"

This tank is pretty much ridiculous and stupid, because it only allows your betta to swim in a circle. I'm not sure if it's even a gallon, but it is certainly small!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lava Lamp Tank

Obviously really tiny, this tank doesn't allow much for the betta to do. The betta is just kinda there, and it doesn't look possible to feed the betta in the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fish in Space

This tank is okay, I guess. But I'm worried about the size- a one gallon isn't great and we could do better then this. It's almost exactly like the Living World 1 gallon tank, but it has a space background.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The iPond

I'm really worried not just because it's small, but electricity and water don't mix. Think about that poor betta trapped in there, help!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Common Tiny Bowl

And I thought only pet stores were doing this....apparently not! These bowls are far too small and are probably around 0.2 or 0.3 gallons. Not sure were people are getting these, but I hope they stop buying them soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Bubble Tank

Is anyone wondering how that thing stays on the table? That's my big safety concern for the fish and the people living there. I would think twice before getting this tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Big V Tank

This is way to small, and wouldn't the bettas be flaring at each other all day, stressing themselves out? There is no lid, bettas will jump out and perish.

Attachments

·
Reference Team
706 Posts
The Big V Tank

This is way to small, and wouldn't the bettas be flaring at each other all day, stressing themselves out? There is no lid, bettas will jump out and perish.
That would be cute with a little plant and shrimp in each section.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

that would be an AWESOME plant tank! 8D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck finding that tank for your plants! In the meantime, I found a ridiculous divided tank that is way to small for any betta. I don't see how they can't flare through the divider, either.....

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A size comparison of the iPond and the real iPod. Although the iPond is a slight bit larger then the iPod, it is still 15 times smaller then the recommended tank size.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
The Common Tiny Bowl

And I thought only pet stores were doing this....apparently not! These bowls are far too small and are probably around 0.2 or 0.3 gallons. Not sure were people are getting these, but I hope they stop buying them soon!
I use ones like these as temporary containers on the rare occasion Mr. B's tank needs a little more than a regular water change/vacuuming. But never as permanent housing!!!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I use ones like these as temporary containers on the rare occasion Mr. B's tank needs a little more than a regular water change/vacuuming. But never as permanent housing!!!

Agreed, like a tank for keeping them in when doing a full clean of the tanks, or for when taking pictures of the boys/girls. Never a home for them.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I've started seeing this one in my Petcos. Its probably less the .5 gallon and the "catch" is that it cleans itself...

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I actually emailed the No-Clean Aquariums people (pictured in post above) about how I thought their concept was awesome but the container was just too small. They wrote back saying they were going to release larger sizes in spring of 2014. I don't see them yet, but maybe it will happen. It's actually a great concept if it were larger.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I agree that it's a great thing! but yeah, the tank is too small! If it came in like a 1 gallon or 2.5 gallon size that would be amazing. Hopefully they do come out with some! I just worry cause I know parents are going to be buying these small tanks like crazy and MAYBE only putting new water in like every few weeks or when the water starts to look cloudy. (also I watched the infomercial and they show 2 goldfish in one of these at one point)

1 - 20 of 1167 Posts