Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used any Tetra brand tanks? More specifically, has anyone had any major issues with one? Its very affordable as they come with everything, and I have an extra heater if the one it comes with is finicky. I can also baffle the filter if it's too strong. But I'd like to know if there are any major problems that cause it to be more stressful than anything or will lead to me spending as much money as not buying it in a kit or getting a bigger name, like TopFin, NatGeo, etc.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I've used the 1.5 and 3 gallon cubes made by Tetra. They're really nice. I haven't used anything bigger though by tetra. They're heaters sound to be ok...but I'm not sure.

The TopFin 5.5g kit now comes with a filter built for a 20g. Just a warning. It's way overkill for the tank and scares me to use (we ended up returning the kit due to scratched tank)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I currently own a tetra 1.5 gallon tank and I love it. The filter is extremely convenient with the tank. I had a separate heater but it is really good for a betta fish. I think later on, I plan on getting the 3 gallon one. Its really good for a dorm setting too..!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I didn't like the 1.5 much. The filter on mine stopped working after 10 minutes. And it's not removable so it was kind of pointless. I really like the 3G.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I currently own a tetra 1.5 gallon tank and I love it. The filter is extremely convenient with the tank. I had a separate heater but it is really good for a betta fish. I think later on, I plan on getting the 3 gallon one. Its really good for a dorm setting too..!
Where are you located? Near the twin cities? If so in a couple months I'll have a 3 gallon tetra cube available. I just don't feel comfortable shipping

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it definitely sounds like its a good, functional tank even though you haven't specifically tried the 5g. I'm glad to hear that, because it is a great price :) That's also not the first time I've heard of a TopFin tank being scratched, especially with the 5.5 size. Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have the tetra 10-gallon. Neither the 5 or 10 come with a heater. On the Walmart website, there are complaints with the tank leaking, but I had no problem. It is cheaper to go with TopFin since it is the same price and comes with a heater. My filter broke after a week, but with one call to customer service, they are sending me a new one this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts