Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Try using flash. Your camera will register a quicker shutter time and will catch the fish easier. Don't use your phone/camera parallel with the tank but angle it up or down (down is easiest) to avoid getting the flash glare. Also, wipe down the front of your tank with some window cleaner so you don't get a bunch of streaks haha, I always forget to do that part. And don't worry, flash doesn't harm the fish.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try using flash. Your camera will register a quicker shutter time and will catch the fish easier. Don't use your phone/camera parallel with the tank but angle it up or down (down is easiest) to avoid getting the flash glare. Also, wipe down the front of your tank with some window cleaner so you don't get a bunch of streaks haha, I always forget to do that part. And don't worry, flash doesn't harm the fish.
Thanks for the tips! I'll try it when the morning sun isn't putting a glare on everything already!

My wife got more pictures last night so maybe one is more telling than my monstrosity from last night.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@NightStars oh thank you! <3

Does anyone agree that the position of the eyes is a way to tell? This little one's eyes are positioned closer to the mouth than a boy's, maybe?

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Absolutely not. The only true way to tell is by ovaries. There are small hints on the body but even still, that is definitely not a reliable way to tell sex.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts