Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My copy came in the mail today. It's 318 pages of photos, history, care, genetics...glorious. And heavy! :lol:

The author is Dr. Martin Brammah, title is The Betta Bible. It is available on Amazon. ISBN 9781508888468. If you want to get into breeding, or have an avid interest and would like to learn more about our beloved pets, this is worth investigating!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Oh it's out already? Last time I spoke to Martin he said that the paperback/hardback books weren't released yet and you could only get it on kindle. I need to get my hands on a copy but the price is a little discouraging lol. I'm the sort of person to think "for the price of this I could have nine anubias plants or a new 6 gallon" haha. I'll buy it eventually, it seems like a truly fantastic piece of work :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fantastic!!!!
Just ordered my copy -- will be here tomorrow! :lol:

·
Registered
606 Posts
I saw your picture on the IBC group on Facebook and it looks gorgeous! :p I wish you excellent reading!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Since the price dropped to $30, I had a much easier time justifying this purchase to myself. I figured it'd be a nice time to start my free Prime trial too to get the free shipping. :D It looks really good, I'm really looking forward to reading it this weekend.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I nabbed the digital copy of this on amazon the other day for $0.99! :D I've been reading through it, it's very interesting but also very breeder-heavy. Still worth a dollar though! (Someone on reddit/r/bettafish posted about it. :) )

·
Registered
951 Posts
I don't know what's worse, the kids buying me a Kindle or people who mention books. Amazon One Click is up there too, it's so bad one of the dogs reads the thing in bed with me! Breeder heavy is good, over the years I've found that things that apply to one species can apply quite well to others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts