Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here is my Sparkey: he has bumped off quite a few scales, and torn his fin one too many times, but he's still a rare gem to me :) it doesn't really matter to me weather or not we win -but i never had before, so a win is always nice- because being able to show my imperfect betta to the world, and have other people show their bettas as well is enough for me, and knowing that even though sometimes sure, they bump their scales off, or tail bite, or get fin rot, they don't have to be perfect for us to love them as they are.

DSC_0094_2.jpg

·
Registered
331 Posts
Meet Odysseus! This is him as of today; he has so much more life, color, and personality than when I brought him home almost a month ago! His fins have filled out and his colors have become so much more vibrant. When once he would shy away as soon as I approached his tank, now he swims to the front anytime I enter the room! His one remaining 'imperfection' is his dorsal fin. It's been like this since I got him and I don't quite know how it happened, or if it will ever grow back. But, as do all of us, I love him not regardless of his imperfection, but because of it! He's a trooper and has made so much progress. Besides, I kind of think he looks like Free Willy!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I didn't know there were contests - but I think Gaston would be a good entry for this one :) I rescued Gaston from Walmart Betta Hades on Friday. I've been bit HARD by the betta bug, so even though I told myself "Do NOT go near the fish," I somehow managed to walk by them anyway. I was absolutely disgusted from the conditions of their little cups. Some of the bettas had died and had to have been there for quite some time as their water was the same shade as their scales used to be. But right up front at eye level was this orange pineapple beauty. He looked day and night from the rest of the bettas there. I'd never seen a proper pineapple scaled betta before, nor had I seen an orange one either and yep. Had to have him. Upon picking up his cup he swam around and I saw he had some fin rot, and some slightly frayed and curled fins (which I found out is from hard water). After I picked his cup up there was no way I was putting it down again. So into my cart he went. He's now happily residing in a 5 gallon tank (which I just put him in this morning and he is LOVING it) and his fin rot is being treated. I'm not sure his fins will ever lose their curl, but that's what makes him unique and I love him all the more for it.

So, meet Gaston.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Congratulations kvw1988!!! Ash is such a lovely boy and I can't wait to see how he grows up more!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is too cool! Thank you, Ash and I are so excited, well he's always excited lol :D

I'm excited too to see how he grows up, he'll be a neat looking little guy :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congrats Kvw1998 and congrats to Ash!!! He's so cute and I hope he continues to grow and be healthy. :) Yay!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Congrats kvw1988! Ash is certainly an interesting and very cute boy!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for all the nice words everyone!! I've never, (and Ash too) won anything like this before so it's pretty neat! I enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures, all the bettas are so cute!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts