419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks will do.

·
Registered
Helios the platinum Delta tail, Kashet the blue mustard Delta tail
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think Callista will be the Alpha, Avatre the beta and Serenity the omega so far. When I stick my finger in the cup to get them used to it Callista doesn't move unless I happen to touch her than she just moves slightly so I'm not. Avatre has a temper tantrum wiggling around like crazy and bumping into my finger. Lailani and Trinity just drop to the middle of the cup with a do you mind look. Serenity drops to the bottom until I remove my finger and drop in the food.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Avatre is now Pualani because I got another girl when I went to my normal LFS to pick up the guppy grass they were holding for me. The new Avatre is a much more solid red color wise anyway. She's another veil tail without points on it. I'll get pictures when I can.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Decided I didn’t like Pualani and will change her name to lokelani which means heavenly rose.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
New girl is now in what was formerly Kas's tank since she seemed to be the most excitable girl. When I go to the pet stores I may get a couple more since odd numbers are better, right?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
And I now have 10. 2 from a Petsmart and 2 from the Fish Doctors. The other 2 pet stores I went to weren't that great. The first I didn't get anything from them and the 2nd I just got some moss from. Pictures will come later.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well all but Trinity and the new koi female like bloodworms. They were freeze dried since I'm not allowed to bring living or frozen into the apartment. So I gave them all 1 each with a pair of tweezers.
I think the new koi girl won't fit into the sorority. She's far bigger but completely passive and won't even eat.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
All The named girls are curoius little wigglebutts who occasionally flare at each other but stop quickly (knock on wood) and watch the catfish swim by and come to the front of their cups when I sit in front of the tank. I already feel a strong connection with them. Lokelani even nibbled on my finger again but without the disgusted face after.
I don't get anything like that with the big koi girl. She's so passive and I even thought she was dead for a minute since she rarely moves from the top of the cup.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ok no pictures yet but I have 3 more girls, Nessa another blue girl with crimson in her fins. Ended up exchanging the big koi girl for her yesterday. Today I stopped at a pet supply store on my way home and found 2 platinum girls. They where the only betta girls in a community tank not well planted. Ivory and Snowy. Ivory I think is the alpha of that pair since her fins are in good shape. Poor Snowy looks a little battered but still feisty. Both started watching me like get me outta here.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts