Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many Thanks To Sena Hansler For Allowing Me To Base This Story On her Much Loved Betta Maine.
R.I.P Buddy!!!

The Maine Man
THUD...Hey!Watch it, some of us are trying to sleep here!!!Numpty!Hmph...I slither round the bag in the hope of finding somewhere comfortable to take a nap, not that I'll be able to with the way this guy drives...​

I wish I was back at home, hmmm home, live food for every meal, lovely warm water...ahhh...AAAARGH...I suddenly realise that I am mindlessly shredding my beautiful tail again!Why do I keep doing this?I never did it before, why now?​

BANG, woah watch it dude!!!AHHHH stop that screeching noise!!!Did someone stand on your tail?Hang on...that's not the same screeching sound he usually makes, it seems...higher pitched, and decidedly less painful!!!WOAAAAAH!I am jolted out of my thoughts once again as I feel myself thrown up into the air, next thing I know, I'm being slammed non too gently onto another surface!This is it I think, I must be back home!!!
Wrong again!​

The lid of the box opens and the light floods in, ahhhhh the light-IT BURNS!!!As my eyes adjust to the light I finally get to meet the guy that has been chucking me about like a toy for the last 2 days, and let me tell you...it is NOT a pretty sight!!!You aren't my human!!!Hmph-I slump back down in the corner of my bag, finally realising that this isnt home, and that I probably wont ever see my human again!​

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone want a preview of chapter 2?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here it is!!!

That Place: Preview

"LOOK she's coming!!!Its her, the special one!!!Hurray!!!Clean water for all!!!She walked along the aisle looking thoughtful, then shouted for one of the humans.
"They need clean water! This one is covered in ammonia burns, and this one has fin ro...Ohhhhhh!" She stopped mid sentence, and leaned toward the shelf...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll put chapter 2 up in the morning!!!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Aww thats cute :3 I will keep an eye out for the next chapter(s). :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Place

That Place
Do you know what it's like to sit on a shelf next to about 40 other betta's?I do!Let me tell you, it is NOT pleasant.Especially when I'm sat next to the vain without reason ones...​

"Look at me I'm so hot"
"No you're not have you seen these fins?"
"I'm the king!"
"Oh puh-lease, you guys are just sooooo...you know what?It's not even worth bothering with you and your giant ego's."

This was one of the girls speaking of course, they wouldn't understand what it is to be a male, with all our gorgeous fins, they just laugh and poke fun. I wish they would stop talking, it's all they do ALL day, blah blah blah ego this, ugly that!!!​

Saying that I have to admit they have the number of practically everyone, they were the first to work out that the alpha human is clueless, they were the first to feel sorry for the humans who didn't know what they were doing, and they were the one's to warn us that that small human thing was about to pick us up and shake us all around.​

But I know...I know I'm lucky-I'm not the one they shove to the back, they say they aren't pretty, we don't receive much care, but they don't receive any care-they think just because they're not as pretty, they don't deserve to be loved, but they're wrong.

Then there's the conditions they keep us in, if my human saw these conditions he would come and take us all back home!But no, he gave up on us a long time ago, he isn't coming back!!!"LOOK she's coming!!!Its her, the special one!!!Hurray!!!Clean water for all!!!She walked along the aisle looking thoughtful, then shouted for one of the humans.​

"They need clean water! This one is covered in ammonia burns, and this one has fin ro...Ohhhhhh!" She stopped mid sentence, and leaned toward the shelf...Bang, all at once the males flared, "oh pick me pick me" they cried! Soon their voices died away, I looked around wondering why...then I realised-Me, she was looking right at...Me!

Her eyes wondered momentarily to the boy next to me, then they wondered right back.
I suddenly realised I probably looked quite stupid sat there staring at her, so I did the only thing I could think of-FLARE! I flared for my life swimming this way and that-I did anything I could to try and pursuade her to pick me. She stood there for a couple of minutes, before letting out a long sigh.

Ok I can only take one of you, I'm so sorry little guy-I stopped flaring and sunk into the corner of my cup defeated. I heard sobbing, my curiosity had got the betta of me, and what I saw caused complete confusion!
The other boy, at the bottom of his cup, it took a few seconds to sink in!I looked at the woman, and then back at my neighbour, refusing to believe it!She chose ME!
I barely had time to shout across to the little guy before I was picked up and taken away, but I made the most of the time I had-"I'm sorry!!!" I shouted, "Your time will come, I promise!!!" The next thing I saw confused me beyond anything, I saw not comfort in his eyes-but anger, bitterness, pure hate!!!​

Chapter 3 coming soon!!!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
You're an awesome writer! :-D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!I'm working on chapter 3 now, hopefully it will be up tonight.I don't want to be giving too much away...Buuut I don't think that's the last we're gonna see of "the other boy"...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Love this! So looking forward to the next chapter!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like to pull my readers in :p Chapter 3 coming soon!!!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
-waiting- :lol:

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Can't Wait!!! I wish EVERY chapter was here... You wrote Nice stories!!!
Take your time though. ;P

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol I'm just fine tuning, shouldnt be more than 30mins now, (including a water change for gandalf :p )

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok here's Chapter three!!!

Creature Comforts

Creature Comforts
1 Month Later!!!
Hmmm, I never thought I would feel loved again-but I do, more than ever before!
My human adores me!!!She feeds me as
much as I want, and I get water changes all the time!!!But we all know...every silver lining has a cloud-and I think we all
know what that is for me...yes you guessed it-the other boy!I can't get that face out of my head, the hate in his eyes!
It's
torture, everytime I fall asleep-WHAM-there it is...AGAIN!I'll never forget the way he looked at me, the pure
disgust.
Frrrp-ARRRGH MY TAIL!!!I ripped it!!!I can't seem to stop myself these days, one thought of the other boy and
I'm nibbling before you could say bloodworm!

Eaaaaak-Great, she's home-dinnertime!!!COME ON!!!I'm hungry!!!
Well heeeellooo...thats certainly not food...but it'll do for me!!!Ahhh isn't she beau...OH MY-ITS HIM!!!THE OTHER
BOY!!!I don't believe it!!!It's him!It's ACTUALLY him!!!Shiloh, she's calling him, nice name that is...

"Nice place this is, WHAT'S HE DOING HERE?!"
"ME?!WHAT ARE you DOING HERE?!" I said it before I could even think about stopping myself, the one chance to
speak to the person I thought about the most for the past couple of weeks and the first thing I do is...SCREAM at him?
Way to go Maine, you did that well!!!

I jerk myself back to the situation, and am amazed to see that Shiloh is STILL
screaming at me, despite the constant begging from the BEAUTIFUL girl behind him!Ahhh those eyes...her fins...and the
cute little wiggly thing she does!!!

Woaaah CALMIT KERMIT!!!Jeez will this guy EVER stop screaming?At this rate he's
going to use up all the oxygen in his cup!

My human walks across and picks up both cups, she then procedes toward the two new tanks she set up this morning. I
wondered why she was setting them up-Now I understand!!!One on each side!
Plop...Plop...There you go guys!!!I'll let you
out in a little while!
"Hey-why does he get to go next to my girl?!"
"I am NOT "your" girl!!!" "And before you get any ideas blueboy...I aint YOUR girl either!Jeez I'm not an object, I
don't belong to ANYONE but myself!!!"
"UUUGH-MEN"

"Back to what I was saying...what are YOU doing here?!"
"Haha-She came back for me!!!You OBVIOUSLY weren't good enough for her!But I knew you would be anyway...with
your "perfect fins" and your "look at me I'm sooo macho" routine!!!
"Hmmph-I did NOT say that!!!"
I can tell already-there is going to be NO living with this guy!His ego is ENOURMOUS!If his opinion of himself inflates
much more his tank will explode!!!

However...the girl...her I could live with ANY day!She's gorgeous, her eyes are like a
thousand stars, and when she wiggles her body at our human...ahhh I just can't tear my eyes off of her...I almost missed
my dinner just WATCHING her!!!
Shiloh of course thinks it's hilarious, says I don't stand a chance with "his girl!"

Pfff his
girl my lovely, petite and perfectly proportioned...​

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Lol LOVE THIS!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hehe the best is yet to come!!!

·