Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Reference Team
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say, "You're only as old as you feel." So, regardless of your chronological age, if you feel old, then.....

Welcome to "The Old Fart Thread."

Nobody will check your ID and anyone should feel comfortable visiting here. However, if you really want to enhance your bona fides, you might contribute a bit of trivia from way back. I'll start it off, as an example: What was Jerry Lee Lewis notorious for?

So come on in, check your canes and walkers at the door, help yourself to a frosty Metamusil. And we'll all sit around and laugh and tsk-tsk at the kids. ;-}>

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I heard the Call of the Geezer!

JLL was known as The Killer and for marrying his underage cousin. And I already knew that, I didn't get it from the 80's movie about him :lol:

That's a great movie by the way, Dennis Quaid, yummy!

Here's one for ya........name the 4 sons on My Three Sons. Bonus if you can name the step daughter and the 2 daughters-in-law!

super bonus if you can name the triplets !

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Were there 4 sons? Why was it called My Three Sons? ;)

I did used to watch that show, I just remember Ernie and weren't two of them real brothers or something?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I guess I watch too much TV :lol:

The first 3 sons were Mike, Robby and Chip. Then Mike moved away and the family adopted Ernie. In real life the actors who played Ernie and Chip were brothers. In later years Robby married Katie and they had triplet boys named Charlie, Steve and Robby Jr. Then Fred McMurray (the Dad) got married to Barbara who already had a little girl named Dodie. Then Chip married Polly and then the show ended.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Haha...wasn't really my bag, don't think I ever saw it...but I have seen every episode of 'Gilligan's Island', most of 'Leave it to Beaver', 'Ozzie and Harriet,' and I love 'Perry Mason' originals through contemporary and if its an old black and white "who done it" I've probably seen it!
I'm only 37, although sometimes I feel 90...does that count Hallyx?

Good one Hallyx...oh, and to answer your question a bit more thoroughly on Jerry Lee...he was also known for playing the piano like the God of music, "Great Balls of Fire!", womanizing anybody in a skirt, and I think is probably one of the fathers of Rock and Roll, since he incorporated a lot of what was called "improper Negro/black sound/music" into more main street Frankie Avalon ...you get the picture! (i knew I should have written a report on him in high school!)

·
Reference Team
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, User, I'm afraid that was after my time. I was into more Ernie Kovaks, Sid Caesar, Gleason, Your Show of Shows. Was hot for Darleen, Annette's friend from Spin and Marty on the MM Club.

Sure is a wide range of old, eh?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Lost in Space airs here once in a while and I put it on one day and told my kids to watch it. They lost interest in about 20 seconds, lol. I used to love it.

·
Super Moderator
5,857 Posts
I'm a TV freak but I don't remember any details. I'd watched anything; from the ridiculous Dr. Who, Dr. Kilder (? spelling), Lost in space, land of the giants, Hawaii five O...... I could go on all day. LOL

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have to have the tv on to fall asleep and MASH was on late at night for a few years, so I kept that channel on. Now every time I hear the theme song I get sleepy.:p

·
Banned
27,614 Posts
The wonderful woeld of Disney was on Sundays. When I was like 6 years old we would watch Wild Kingdom and the wonderful world of Disney. My dad would buy us McDonald's hamburgers for dinner. lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts