Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know how we all want our bettas to be healthy and happy. But I was thinking, what if we acted the opposite?

Example:

What I usually say: Bettas need to be kept warm!
What I would type: Bettas don't need a heater, they can live in cold water!

So oppose everything this forum stands for!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Make sure your filter is powerful. This is good for the betta.(I feel like the petsmart employee).
Also anything less than 1/2 a gallon is ideal for a betta fish.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you don't want a filter, great! Change your water every two years!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Feed your bettas huge portions of healthy unicorn bones, Elephant hair, and ceasar salad. (I was trying to figure out what the opposite of an insect was, but failed, lol) TIP: ALWAYS WASH your tanks with industrial grade detergent! It is imperative to the health of your beautiful betta that their fins disintengrate.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Freeze-dried food is best for your betta.

·
Registered
432 Posts
LEAVE YOUR TANK PLAIN!!! Also, don't forget to put at least 35 males in a one gallon! they get along wonderfully and will have plenty of room!

(OMG, we sound so sarcastic lol)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh crap, I almost put a plant in there because I thought he'd like to hide! Good thing I listened to you guys! *phew*

I alro remembered that bettas don't jump, so you don't need a lid.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
If you ever get bored of your fish- just leave him. He'll die a natural death of starvation, it happens in the wild, they're used to it. If you don't wanna be bothered with cleaning the tank, just hide it behind a shelf or something so you won't have to look at it anymore! (my friend actually did this a few years back... I found a crusty little fish skeleton in her bathroom in a critter keeper one day. x.x)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Put your fish in a bottle they'll live happy! you could even put together male or female it doesn't matter.
or
betta's can't live with anything, but you could put them in a vase WITH a cover on!! they won't suffocate, they could live on plants for food. make sure to give them like 10 pellets more than 2x a day
You don't need to clean there tanks, they live in filth all the time.

also be careful when you breed them, female's eat the male's after wards (that's what one employee actually said XD)

·
Registered
441 Posts
here another one! xD
If your betta looks sick, it's probably just too warm and there is too little ammonia in the water. put a TON of ice cubes in there and add some nice dirt and seashells and rocks. They'll feel better right away!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
To make sure your Betta lives a long happy life:

Do as P.E.D.A says and dump it in the OCEAN! that is of course their natural habitat!
Oh, and don't forget, if you would like to keep it as a pet, they are very low maintenance and barely need any attention, just put them in a bowl in the window seal and let them eat what ever bug falls in there once in a while, and you should be good! maybe feed them a cookie every now and then :3 they like cookies!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Breeding bettas is simple and does not take a lot of research. The best part is, there is only a few fry! If you're hungry, you can cook bettas, in fact they are very tasty. Also, they are good with cats! Make sure you have an uncovered container with a cat close by.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't forget to leave them in a little kids room within their arm's reach. Also don't ever clean the tank. It's bad for them.

In fact, just leave them in the cup they came in!

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Well, in order to mimic their natural rice paddie habitat during a drought you should leave them in thier cups and add some soil. Any backyard soil will do because they'll eat bugs that are in it. When they're nice and dry you can water them two or three times a week and they'll live like they do in the wild. No kidding!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.