Betta Fish Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I’m Alive! It’s been too long....work and a budding relationship has kept me preoccupied the past few months. I’ll get update pictures soon so everyone can see how the girls have changed. Only drastic update is my sewer malfunctioned back in December and I lost 3 girls in the 12g to contaminated water. The 20g girls settled in perfectly, except the one girl who wasn’t cut out for community life and lives happily in her own 2.5g.

Hopefully I’ll remember to post pictures soon! I’m backpacking Europe in less than a month, so hopefully before then!

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Love to see updates and pictures when you get a chance. Backpacking in Europe how cool! Take lots of pictures and share away. Sounds like a new beau on the horizon? Very best wishes!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Exited to see how the sororitys are going!! I just recently got my first ever female betta, Asteria (not that I'm anywhere near a sorority) but I'm curious how your girls are doing. :-D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Backpacking Europe was even better than the last time I went two years ago! We went to Dublin, Belfast, Paris, Copenhagen, and London. I'll post trip pictures when I'm settled in the new house. I'm actually moving in with the beau tomorrow....so excited/nervous! Bringing one tank with me for sure, we'll see what I have room for long term. We're going to make one of the bedrooms my craft/fish room (thank goodness he's so supportive). I'm debating selling the 12g, it is quite the space hog and since I got it for $12, I could probably make a profit selling it.....I'm hesitant to sell it to someone who doesn't know what they're doing with the girls, but they've been stable for over a year and I'd feel more comfortable than the newer 20g.

Both sororities are chugging along. I made some new roots, but haven't had time to fire them yet. I'm debating moving the corys back over to the 20g, but we'll see what happens with the move. The koi girl in the 20g is my little butt dragger, she's always had some swim bladder issues, but it doesn't seem to slow her down in the slightest (another reason I wouldn't want to sell the 20g). Other than her, everyone is perfectly healthy/happy. Can't wait to show you how different they look from their "baby" pictures.

New house will mean some adjustments, but I'm excited and it gives me the nudge to do some deep cleaning.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Good to see you. I'm glad to know everything is going well with you. I'm very sure your father is doing well :) Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
What an awesome trip! Sounds like you have some exciting plans for the future. Look fwd to seeing pictures of all your babies.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Guess who’s back 😂

Long and short of past 2.5 years. Moved in with boyfriend, got two dogs, married boyfriend, went through three jobs, finally working from home for a place I LOVE, also starting a family soon.

The tanks moved with me, kept the 20g the whole time. Once the girls all passed away turned into a community tank with RCS, neons, and corys. Rescued a female betta from a coworker, she just passed away a while ago.

Was without a betta for a little bit and the bug bit again.

Meet Finneon: I’m pretty sure he’ll end up being HM once his tail grows back. He has a touch of SBD, but has rapidly improved in the two days I’ve had him. (Hubby is supportive and also addicted to Pokémon, so he’s on board as long as he gets to name them).

Also the mangrove roots are back. 🙌🏼

Having fun watching him get healthy and his personality blossom, also trying to stop the urge to get more tanks and bettas 😂 resistance is futile.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Yep, the MTS is real and unbeatable. I had a gift card 🤷🏼‍♀️. Name TBD.

Also if you haven’t seen this tank, I REALLY like it! It says 5gal, it’s closer to 6. There’s a lot of room to customize your filtration, and it has an automatic pump that makes WCs sooooo easy. It’s the TopFin Dazzle 5gal (comes in 3 & 8gal as well).

Also thanks! First time in my life I can’t wait to be able to take a pregnancy test 😂

121 - 130 of 130 Posts