Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Been lurking around for some time enjoying the topics posted on this awesome forum. Looking to connect and chat with other beta lovers out there who enjoy them just as much as I do. In NYC and currently keep a few bettas of my own and even working on a spawn or two at a time. I recently acquired a male that I really love and can't wait for some of his kids to grow up. Please correct me if Im wrong but I'm assuming he is a Lavender Mustard Gas? He's not necessarily blue or green but more purplish and mostly dragon scale except for a small area in the face. He has an amazing tenacious attitude and will never sit still. I was lucky to capture this photo of him. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Lui

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
366 Posts
wow I don't know what kind he is but I know he sure is beautiful!!! I LOVE his fins!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
*drools* beautiful!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comment! I know the tail type I'm just confused about exactly what color to call him. Im almost certain he is a mustard type. Hoping to find a similar female for him one day :) Lui

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Geez, I have no idea what to name him. I am not the creative one with names. My fiance' who is unfortunatly asleep is the creative thinker. He named our boys. I am more literal with names and I would go with Lavender. But thats very common for such a pretty fish.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What a lovely looking fish you have~

Hmm...He looks like a Julius to me. I've always loved that name.

·
Registered
150 Posts
he a lavender mustard gas maybe a dragonscale too

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! Thanks Kmcclasky. I'm sure he's a dragon scale I was just unsure of blue, purple or lavender gas. Shirleythebetta, Julius sounds nice, I like it. Thanks for the input. Lui

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Moclam suggested that wonderful name. I WISH I was that creative. Is that what you are going with? I think it's nice.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My suggestion: Helium!

I dunno...he looks so...light and airy. Beautiful little guy!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bettasusa,

You ought to put in your 25 posts and try and enter this guy in the monthly betta fish contest. He is a handsome devil! Julius seems to fit pretty well too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have to have at least 25 posts to enter in the contest or vote. The voting for this months contest is going on right now. Go to the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care page, and the contest will be on the right underneath last month's fish of the month. When you get 25 posts, enter him. He is so pretty that he'll have to win eventually!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Glad you like the name! It suits him well.
I'm excited to see his future children~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts