Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this a couple hours ago on my boy, Finn. There's this whitish thing hanging from his left gill. I don't see it on the right. I read from other forums it can just be fecal matter? Is that what this looks like, or should I be worried about gill inflammation, torn gill, or maybe parasites? Like, whenever he breaths, it moves with his gills. Yucky, kinda.

Note: Finn's been a lot stressed lately with a tank change (you can look up my last forum for information) from 1 gallon to 5 gallon. He was under so much stress that I put him back into his 1 gallon. Part of me is just worried everything is going wrong with him right now, but hopefully not. Aside from this gill issue, he's swimming a lot more than he was, but his fin tips are still curled and his fins are still clamped together some.

So yeah, poop or worse?

And if it is poop, will it come out on its own or......?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS. The lighting in the reflection of the glass makes him look like a submarine, in my opinion. :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you give me more information on anchor worm? I'm looking over his tank and don't see anything else swimming around. Or would they be still and floating? Would I see eggs anywhere, and how would I treat them?

Also, I left for dinner and came back and can't find it anymore. I'm wondering if it's hidden inside his gills now. Oye!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've PM'ed you a site with diseases in fish, because I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to post it here since it is on another Fish Forum site.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you can, but I'm not positive. Thanks! Whatever it was isn't attached to his gills anymore, so I am unable to see if it had a forked tail or if that was just the picture angle. :/ Trying to look up significant symptoms besides the gill flashing (because I expect he'd be itching no matter what was in his gills, right?). Would I be able to see the anchor worms in the water column?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts