Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi! I really liked looking through all of the threads that people with baby bettas have started so I thought I'd start one of my own and post pictures of my little Thing One and Thing Two as they grow.

Introducing Thing One Weds 10/2:

And today, Sat 10/5

And Thing Two Weds 10/2:

Today, Sat 10/5: The fascination with thermometers starts early I guess.

htdz.jpg

I swear they're bigger already!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thing One and Thing Two....love it!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! They are really adorable. It's so funny to see the personalities of these tiny fish. And to see how fearless they are already. Day one, Thing Two hid in his java moss all day. Now he's totally comfortable, swims up to my hand when I adjust the heater.
We called them Thing One and Thing Two because we aren't sure of the sex yet lol.

·
Registered
754 Posts
they're little cuties *cuddles*

·
Registered
360 Posts
Aww, they're so adorable! I love Thing Two's big curious eyes. Cracks me up how all the babies seem so fascinated with thermometers. :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's been a week and a day but feels like a month!! I really can't believe it's only been a week.
Little Thing One had swim bladder problems this week and her heater stopped working right at the same time. I woke up to a sideways swimming fish in 70 degree water. It was really scary!
She's fine now though! I fed her a tiny piece of shrimp today but now I'm so worried about over feeding her, that might be it for her for today. I'll go back to her regular feeding schedule tomorrow.
Little Thing Two is getting so big! I swear he/she had a major growth spurt last night. I went to bed and he was all gold. I woke up and he's half gold, with blue and green fins. I'm going to call it a "he" for now as I really can't tell the sex.
We were hoping for one boy, one girl, but I think my boyfriend cares about that more than me :lol:.

Thing One:

Thing Two lookin all gold and blue/green:

Thing Two looks more colorful overall- and his stripes are darker. I don't think he's stressed though- I change his water every day and he's not hungry. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It's been a little while so I thought I'd update. Thing One and Thing Two are thriving in their 10g divided.
I had a scare last week when Thing Two jumped the divider at feeding time and started to beat up Thing One! I was so freaked out! It took me a minute to get them separated, but they're both fine. No torn fins or injuries.

Without further ado, here they are, a month later:

Thing Two- still a boy or....??? I can't tell. I think I see a cone but no ovaries yet (I think!) anyone else think those are ovaries??

Thing One: Still a boy, I think?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thing One definitely looks like she has ovaries. I'm 99% sure. I see an egg spot on Thing Two, but that's not a definite indicator. Don't see ovaries but he's a little too dark to tell.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Those most certainly look like ovaries to me!
Thing One looks (from the pics) to maybe have a longer tail, and possibly (though I could just be seeing this wrong) looks like I can see some decently long ventrals? So maybe you have one of each.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts