Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my female has DROPSY! Is there anything I can do to save her???

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Epsom salt 1tsp/g and leave it in there.
Yeah that's definitely severe dropsy

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
+1 to Bikeridinguckgirl14

take a cup or so of water out of your tank and dissolve the salt (1 teaspoon per gallon) in that water. Then every 15 minutes or so add a bit of water back into the tank until all the water is back in the tank.

unfortunately since this is severe dropsy, there isn't much hope to save her. If this goes on for a few days and she isn't getting better then I suggest you look into euthanizing her since she will be suffering from dropsy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just randomly come up today... Can I use aquarium salt as well?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have availability of epsom salts... What can I do???

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
No. Aquarium Salt is not the same as Epsom Salt. Aquarium salt should be used in the case of fin rot or other physical injuries to the fish. Aqarium salt will make the dropsy worse. You need Epsom Salt. I suggest buying it asap. Meaning go to the store right now. The faster you treat her the more chance you have of her surviving. If all your stores are closed at the moment then go first thing in the morning, wake up early if you have to.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
You can buy Epsom Salt at pharmacies, grocery stores, and hardware stores.

in this situation, epsom salt is the only thing that will help. The longer you wait, the less chance she has of recovering. Dropsy is one of those things where you have to act fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.