Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over time I have noticed Uno’s fins starting to crinkle and his gills have darkened and so have the scales around them. I am no expert and wanted your opinion on if it is fin rot. I have noticed a change in his attitude he is more tired than usual and a lot less active. I have him in a 5 gallon tank with a filter and heater around 78-80 degrees. So do what do you think? Also if it is fin rot what will be the best treatment?
Bird Organism Beak Feather Terrestrial plant
Water Underwater Beak Fin Organism

·
Super Moderator
705 Posts
He looks healthy and fine.

The darker scales are natural coloring and so is his dark beard.

I can‘t see any fin rot and the "crinkles" on some ends are called curling and are not a health issue.
Some say curling has genetic causes and others say it‘s caused by hard water.

Reactions: MyBettaUno

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He looks healthy and fine.

The darker scales are natural coloring and so is his dark beard.

I can‘t see any fin rot and the "crinkles" on some ends are called curling and are not a health issue.
Some say curling has genetic causes and others say it‘s caused by hard water.
Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could the curling cause change in behavior? Uno has never flared at me a day in his life and now instead of happily greeting me he flares and runs and hides. He also is not active whatsoever he is always laying on the rocks. Sorry for all the questions but is curling something you have to treat?

·
Super Moderator
705 Posts
I haven’t heard of curling changing behavior.

Could you fill out this form, so we can see if anything else might contribute to his change in behavior:

BF Diseases & Emergencies Form
(Copy & paste back here and film in your answers to the best of your ability.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts