Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
What? I don't even... How do they even come up with these things?? And I thought the 5 gal. each for my boys was a tad small. At that point a 1 gal bowl would be a dream for the poor things. Why are these allowed to be sold?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What? I don't even... How do they even come up with these things?? And I thought the 5 gal. each for my boys was a tad small. At that point a 1 gal bowl would be a dream for the poor things. Why are these allowed to be sold?
I know, right? People think living animals are decorations or paintings... THEY ARE NOT. I have my SDeT betta in 1.5 G and he loves it. People need to realize that giving your betta adequate space is important, and a good quality environment is even better! No space to swim is not good :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. There's more and more of this stuff all the time. You'd think PETA would be all over them, with what silly things they do sometimes. I pointed out the divided 0.5 gals they were selling at Petsmart to an employee on Sunday and got an eyeroll. :C (good news though: the cups are getting bigger.) The staff could be a liiiittle bit more knowledgeable. It makes me sad to know that ignorance is leading to cruelty.

·
Registered
678 Posts
That tiny clock-like thing is $60, too?! Who's the tard that would buy something that would harm their fish AND their wallet? -.-

·
Registered
678 Posts
Oh, even more so, I just checked back at the clockuarium to show how absurd it was to my boyfriend and I saw right under $60 'you save $39!' and right above it, $99 is crossed out -.-;; Jesus... this hurts... My 5 gal cost under $30... I think with all the plants and stuff I bought for my tank, it costed me about the same as this poor excuse of a decor piece!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
You know what I'd do with it? I'd prank someone that hates snails and shrimp. I'd buy it, fill it with water, sea monkeys, and MTS and just wait for them to get home. I'd be all like "Hey! :D I got you a new clock! <3 It's in your room!"

muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
thats a nifty toy to get if you want to display dead betta or multiple betta over the next few months
from link:
"
Unique Conversation Piece -The world's only clock that is a fish tank; Perfect for any room
".
i can just imagine a visitor tell the owner, hey theres a dead fish in the clock again. id prefer to put the fish in a betta cup to that.

·
Registered
766 Posts
This is why people think that Bettas are dull and boring. When they put them in these tiny tanks how can they expect them to be vibrant and lively? And it's probably freezing in there anyway, not to mention the lack of oxygen! How are they supposed to get air from the top of the clock??

·
Registered
369 Posts
  • Easy Set Up -Just add water and fish
  • Easy Care -Betta fish need to be fed only 2-3 times per week; Easy water changes
  • Space Saving -Less than 4 inches thick. Save floor or counter space
  • High Quality Manufacturing -High quality acrylic with advanced quartz technology
  • Unique Conversation Piece -The world's only clock that is a fish tank; Perfect for any room

Wow stupidity

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just have no words for the sheer amount of stupid. 10 minutes of research and less money gives you a very happy fish. It's simple! >:C

·
Registered
561 Posts
  • Easy Set Up -Just add water and fish
  • Easy Care -Betta fish need to be fed only 2-3 times per week; Easy water changes
  • Space Saving -Less than 4 inches thick. Save floor or counter space
  • High Quality Manufacturing -High quality acrylic with advanced quartz technology
  • Unique Conversation Piece -The world's only clock that is a fish tank; Perfect for any room
Wow stupidity
I know, right? Sometimes I think people who buy these things must have pet care check lists that look like this:

Care is Easy? Check

Set up no more than 3 steps? Check

Don't need to feed more than every other day (once a week prefered)? check

Don't take up floor, counter, or wall space? Hmm...
If wall space is needed, takes up less than a 12 x 12 poster? Check

Makes my place prettier? Check

Good for the animal? BWUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

I will never understand why people sell fish tanks that are advertized like closet savers. I understand some people don't have the room since I had fish while I was on campus. But I could still fit two 1 gallon set ups without issue. If the only place you have left for a fish is your wall you don't have room for a fish. :-?

·
Registered
753 Posts
It would be better if they made a water tight water proof clock to put in your aquarium instead of puting your fish in the clock as an aquarium. (Not that I'd want a clock in my tank,... they can't tell time anyway lol!) JK ;-) But yeah.. Bad idea to have a clock that your Betta lives in :shake:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good for the animal? BWUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Most times when I deal with people who don't care about the animal, they don't even bother asking about it xD Just more concerned about how they look and get mad because their pet dies within three days or it's not self maintenance enough to keep looking good- or complain because the pet keeps doing whatever it wants because the person lacks responsibility in training it right...

·
Registered
678 Posts
It would be better if they made a water tight water proof clock to put in your aquarium instead of puting your fish in the clock as an aquarium. (Not that I'd want a clock in my tank,... they can't tell time anyway lol!) JK ;-) But yeah.. Bad idea to have a clock that your Betta lives in :shake:
Agreed! I think the idea of putting a waterproof clock IN a tank somehow is kind of a cute idea... At least I'd be able to keep track of time when I stare off in my tank for an hour or two! Plus when you get the right setup, your tank looks waaaay better than that boring piece of crap clock..... -.-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts