Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this posting on CL and I am too far since I only travel by public trans. and just had to email the people to see about the fish. Most certainly looks and is a betta. Their email response told me they had no clue what is was and also went on to say no deliveries. I never asked for them to deliver it but asked if they traveled into my area at all. I would have been very willing to pick him/her up. Is anyone in the Dobbs Ferry Westercher? area of NY who can go get this little guy??

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/zip/2890186881.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is just so sad....that poor fish. I do think it looks like a gourami more then a betta, or maybe a Cichlid, but hard to tell with that picture and that disgusting water. Hope he finds a rescuerer.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
That doesn't look like a betta at all.. Too big. o-o

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Kinda like a kribenisis (spelling?) to me. :/

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
It's head shape seems wrong to be any species of paradise fish or gourami. Both tend to have pointier snouts. Plus that large spot cancels out paradise fish, and most gourami.
It doesn't look like any anabantoid.. which means it's probably living in really low oxygen.
I don't get why people don't take unwanted fish to a fish store -__- like it has a better chance there than on craigslist. Who knows how long it'll be waiting in that vase?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Poor fish, whatever it is :cry:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I wish Ii could adopt him, but I'm not near NY. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts