Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all do you see wrong here? I see a bunch of things wrong. Wish I had money to take them all :( The betta on the far left Is just laying sideways looked dead til I picked up the container.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Ahhh... Poor things...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
hmmm, I see low water with food in it... clamped fins.... a little fin rot.... sadly still looks better than some I have seen. Last week saw a shelf with cups stacked on top of each other and slimy green water.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I worked in pets at wal-mart I would change their cups at least every other day if not daily and fill up the water a little more and make sure they could breath by never stacking them on top of each other. They are getting more in tomorrow. I wonder what It will look like then.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You can but it could get you into some trouble.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Probably it would be better to complain to the store manager. Maybe get some of your friends to go too (at different times of day). If they get a lot of complaints, hopefully they will do something about it.

Is this at Wal-mart or an actual pet store? Sadly, pet stores don't do much better. The ones at my local Petsmart have had extremely cloudy water the past few times I have been there. :/

·
Registered
43 Posts
i went into the little pet store in at my local mall and the fish were all suffering from fin rot and their tiny cups were only half full. It was so sad.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this was all walmart Actually im a walmart associate who just quit. I quit cause I moved to a new area and the walmarts here said they wern't taking transfers so my personal leave of absense ran out. I know how that store works. I should put on my walmart badge my tan pants and blue shirt and go in and change them lol!!! haha!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I bought a bottle of spring water one time and changed the water myself. You should of seen the look on the cashiers face when a handed her an empty gallon jug.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I say go change them at wal-mart... who would notice?

Just Friday I complained to the manager.... they had so little water it was awful.. and one poor guy was dead.

I told her if no one is going to care for them how about stop having live animals. She said, "Oh someone is in charge, but they have been on vacation." I said well obviously no one has taken care of them while they were gone.

I'll go back tomorrow and see if anything is better.

Stores do get tired if people complaining all the time.

I complained on behalf of an Eclectus Parrot in a pet store who's perches were covered in filth and water dish was swimming with algae. I went in every other day to check on him... they got so sick of seeing me they sold him to me for almost nothing... I kept him until I could find him a good home. They didn't get another one.

Everyone needs to speak up when they see improper care of live creatures.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Went back to Walmart today.... no one had touched the Bettas.. still horrible conditions almost no water ... another one dead

Talked to a manager again... basically told her I would be back in a couple days and if it is still bad I will call someone.... not sure who exactly, but I'll do something......

·
Registered
852 Posts
My local petco started cleaning out there bettas more and more.....I wouldn't say anything just handed them a cup with a dead fish. I guess they got tired of me handing them dead Betta Fish.I have like a sixth about spotting dead fish...I watch Betta Cups and fish tanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's the way to do it...All that is needed for triumph of evil or (neglect) is for good men to do nothing....

We must speak up .... politely,,, but do say something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts