Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question 1: What is the most sought after finnage types?
Reason for Question: My fiance and I are about to open a pet store. I have a shop downtown, and were gonna turn it to a petstore. Only thing is, I am curious what the people want. I know its all a matter of opinion, but statistically there has to be a "Most Wanted List."

Question 2: Does anyone have a website that will help me understand Betta Genetics further.
Reason for Question: I am very particular on all the details before I take on a project. My fiance understands them, as she has bred them. But I like to learn on my own, and these forums have been great for me thus far.

Question 3: Serious betta buyers will want finnage information. The more I can provide of a family tree, the better off im going to be. So what type of information am I suppose to be keeping track of over the life of my fishies. like a log. Example: sex, weight, length, parents, food types fed, etc etc..

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I have a betta pedigree sheet that I can make some copies of and send to you for the shipping cost (awesome tool).

If you want to open a pet store, generally veil tails will do nicely for your basic stock. Add in a few culls (not the ones that need culling, just ones with less than appealing traits that you don't want), some DeTs, and maybe DTs, and if your water source permits some CTs.

www.bettysplendens.com has great genetics info.

Edit: Bettysplendens appears to be down :C

Try http://www.bettas-jimsonnier.com/genetics.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts