Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been conditioning the pair for 5 days now Including today. I just now put the two in the tank and they are flaring their butts off lol. Dont worry neptune, (the female) isnt really in, in the tank, she is In a Hurricane Glass in the tank. He is exploring like he never explored before and he is gorgeous when he flares!!

Also he only has half of a beard or (Operculum). His "Beard" is deformed, because only half of it comes out. Although that doesn't stop him from Flaring and opening his mouth:).

Well I have so many pictures to show you guys/gals, But im currently in the process of uploading, then downloading them into the computer so it might take a while!!

But i promise i will have them up In about 45 minutes or so to maybe if im unlucky to a hour!!

So bare with me!!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Can't wait!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures of the pair!!

the first few pictures is of Tiberius and when i was conditioning them!

Also PLEASE LOOK AT TIBERIUS'S BEARD IN THE FLARING PIC, ITS DEFORMED so what are my chances of getting some deformed fry is the dad is deformed!!?

Well here are the pics!!:

I have about 56 pictures but i only posted a FEW also i will post more pictures later!!

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Awehh :) There cute. It's so adorable that only half comes out lol.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
352 Posts
That's true. It all depends if it's a genetic deformity or if something happened to him...:S

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Hmm I'm pretty sure it's just bad water quality problem. See sometimes bettas have such bad water they can't flare fully and end up like that forver. Even now that he's in clean water it my never come fully out.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can someone please help!!!!!

Please!!

Well i just released the female this morning at around 9:00 this morning and well he was flaring and she was running away from him for a long time. Until it seemed like she said okay thats it im not taking anymore!

So now she is beating him up and tearing his fins! so what do i do? He is sitting on the op of the water and instead of her hiding in the plants he is and he is swimming very slow away from her. Also shes faster because she doesn't have to carry long fins around and he hasn't built a bubblenest !!Im very worried!!

Is there something i can do?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just give them time! calm down ! lol

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just give them time! calm down ! lol
Oh my goodness ive never seen aggression in a female like this!!

Okay i need to calm down its their nature!!
Its so hard to watch my male get torn up!! he is all ripped and still flaring is that good hes flaring back at her and she at him but she is backing down a little!!:/

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well there not called siamse fighting fish for nothing!

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well there not called siamse fighting fish for nothing!
Yes but one minute she is swimming fast away and the next she is tearing him apart!!

Well i guess i didnt expect that she was going to beat him up. i thought it was the other way around!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
My male asent got a single ripped fin.
she is too much of a coward to fight back. lol

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol not this trooper! she just got 1 ray of her back fin nipped at and is still fighting back!! well she stopped and she is a little more calm.

When i went in the room she came up to the front glass and just stared at me. lol

Meanwhile he is still in the back just staying in one spot but occasionally going under the cup.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spawning update!!

Update if anyone cares anymore:-/ : Well they have finally calmed down and are looking at each other. Also they are very peaceful together! He is just following her as she swims around!

He has been making very tiny bubbles here and there but never really worked on it! They are currently under the cup and he is trying to make bubbles as she watches him and she is swimming back and forth waiting til hes done.

Tiberius IMO is just waiting for her to be ready so he can just embrace with her!

I dont think hes making a bubblenest until the eggs starts coming out! They are just swimming in circles around each other!!

Now does anyone want any pictures?

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are the pictures!!:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts