Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI

I like to take alot of pictures of places I have been and of my animals.

Let's start the 1st post off with pics of the ALASKA HIGHWAY in WINTER. Yeah, I don't recommend that...especially if you are towing a trailer with a car.

In case you aren't aware of where the Alaska highway is, Here is a signpost I saw someplace. I think it was in the Yukon?

We started in Fairbanks, Alaska and the Alaska HWY ends in Dawson Creek, British Columbia. We however, were going to New York :shock:

I was not a happy camper - note the huge chinchilla cage in the backseat. Said Chinchilla was also NOT happy to be stuck in a car for TEN DAYS...

2nd Fish transport system with the 4 survivors, since the 1st one failed miserably and I lost 20 bettas :cry: I had to hold them on my lap for like 8 days, to make sure they got warmth from the heater. Keep in mind it was -50F for most of this portion of the trip

Mr Magic Mushroom, spreading his fins in a hotel in Ft. Saint John, BC. I made sure that they got fresh water at the hotels we did stay at and let them swim in the 2 gallon tub for a bit in each stop.

I never want to see a HUSKY station as long as I live!

The Rig - note the unhappy dog INSIDE the car

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1500 miles of icy roads like this:

dog and fish both wanting to be on my lap

dog and his daddy in a hotel

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Fishie - my 1st betta. Due o bad advice from petco, he died shortly after. I found a used mini bow 2.5 gallon with everything for $12 so I went to petco for a fish. After being ignored, I picked up a betta cup sitting on a shelf.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
You must have seen so much! I would love to live someplace cold someday, I actually can't stand warm weather! Those poor fish :(

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alaska is like a different world, very different from the rest of the USA in terms of attitude and way of life.

Chene Hot Springs. Its awsome in winter when the air is -40F and the springs are over 100F. They have colored lights and all you see is the mist from the water. its very mythical in winter.

Denali National park

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
LOL - yeah they sell alot of odd items here like the belly button lint brush and alot of moose poop items - including earrings, cuflinks, keychains, ect. they even sell a wooden moose that poops out jelly beans.

I like giant cartoon ponies :) I designed her myself - her name is midnight sun..yeah I am a weirdo

Today's fishie of the day is LUCKY. I seen him at walmart and though I would try and save him.
He looked like this:

a few weeks later:

he has his own music video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6DJiwpGwbI&feature=g-upl&context=G2401348AUAAAAAAAHAA

Im quite proud of my music video :D

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a 10 gallon tank and divided it 3 ways. It houses Tangaroa/Derpy Fins/El Kabong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.