Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Ok, so right now I have 3 Betta in 3 tanks.
Ghoul lives alone, no problem there. He's so cute, he already knows when I'm about to feed and comes right next to the clamp that I use to feed him the bloodworms. He's also more active since I started giving him worms. He's like an actual water puppy :D
Andariel lives with an apple snail. Again, no problems there.
With Lich, I have a logistics problem. As of yesterday, she lives with 5 Cory pandas. How in the world do I go about in feeding her and leave some for the pandas? As soon as the worm touches the water she simply inhales it, the little piggy. Not only none would reach the bottom, but she will definitely get overfed if I continue. So, I'm asking for your advice on this one. What do I do? I need some way of feeding them in stages. Or, atleast, let some food get on the bottom for the pandas to find when they want to eat (they are shy eaters during daytime). Should I separate her during feeding?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Separating her everyday for feeding could stress... some people try to distract the Betta with floating pellets and dropping sinking shrimp pellets to the cories on the bottom. Also you can get algae wafers for the Pandas.

Are you feeding freeze dried blood worms? If you are it is not recommended to be a staple of their diet. A high quality pellet is most oft recommended for Bettas as other foods are more likely to cause constipation in them.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ghoul, Andariel, Lich.... Hehehehe, someone likes Diablo2/WarCraft 3!! Oh those were the days... *glares resentfully at my Mac*

I got the name 'Lenymo' for one of my boys from D2 as well =D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@freemike
I feed them frozen bloodworms at the morning feed and JBL Nova Betta flakes in the evening. I also alternate the flakes with TetraMin flakes. I'll look into pellets, didn't manage to find any of those until now.

@peachesxo
Nice catch. Yes, Andariel is from Diablo but the other two are just common horror creatures that I like, no relation to WC3 whatsoever (after WC2 I didn't like the franchise anymore)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts