Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cambodian's scales are turning black. it started like a dot in tips of scales in the belly then the whole body now has it and it's spreading in each scale. it's like 1/5 of each scale is covered.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Wow... I should really make sure I read the whole post... I feel dumb... :|
we all make mistakes
nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sometimes dropsy can make it look like the scale tips are turning black. If you look at her from above, do the scales stick out like a pinecone, or do they lay flat?

It's hard to tell from the picture, but a lot of grizzle colored bettas have these kinds of markings. How long have you had her?

Also, it might be helpful for you to give us more details on tank size, temp, water change schecule, what water additives you use, what you feed her, and how much you feed her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scales are just laying flat, nothing changed in her behavior thou it's just the color.

She's a CT, cambodian, and since i got her last August i think she's a cello coz until now i can still see her insides.

tank size is a gallon, temp (no heater), water change schedule is 100% every 3 days, what water additives you use (none) i use purified water, what you feed her - aqueon tropical flakes, a pinch twice a day.

i'm conditioning her for a spawn.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i've thought of that but i thought cambodians stay white. although i've seen 2 of my bettas change color already.

btw, thank you very much.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a former cambodian whose head has turned red, mouth has turned pure white, and she's getting more and more black scales on her body. It's very exciting to watch her change! So, yes, what looks like a cambodian may not be a cambodian and can definitely change color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts