·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first to make this easy:
Beast-VT
Banshee-VT
Azazel-CT
10 gallon divided tank between the three fish.
Anyway, tonight I had to move my tank to a new spot. I emptied about 85% of the water, moved the tank, and started to refill. I tried to get a nice mix of warm and cold water to get a good temperature, and it felt right to my finger. I start to pour, get it filled, and start to acclimate my three fish. After I put the floating cup, I realised I forgot to put in Prime and put a double dose, considering most of the water was new. I acclimated for about 20 minutes, every 5 minutes I would tip the cup and let a little water in. I tipped the cup and let all three fish into their sections. Then, I realised I forgot to drop in my thermometer!
It's been about thirty minutes. My in-water thermometer is reading 100 degrees, and a stick-on external one is reading 88.
Banshee will lay on the bottom for a minute, then swim around his section, get some air, and go back down to the same spot.
Beast will lay in one spot for 2-3 minutes, then go up, stop swimming, sink a little, then pop up for air, and let himself sink back down.
Now, Azazel. I'm most worried about him. He'll lay on his side for about 3-5 minutes. Completely still. To be honest, it freaks me out every time, so I use my net to move towards him a bit. Then he'll SHOOT up and get 3 or 4 huge gulps of air, and go completely dormant again.
Basically, I'm freaking the @#$! out. What can I do? What should I do? Help!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, I have a Zebra snail in the tank and he seems to be doing just fine. He's moving around a lot more than usual, maybe taking advantage of the leftover gunk my gravel sucker didn't quite get...
The tank is also heated and filtered.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
You took them out right? I realize it's been quite a few hours since you posted this.

Definitely take out a good chunk of the water and refill with better water. Here's a tip; run your glass thermometer under the tap and adjust as necessary until water is around 76-82 and that's good. Then you can acclimate them back to their water from there.

Hard to say if Azazel has been shocked already or not, I hate to give you false hope.

(Also, just want to say that I love your theme! I used to also have almost all the mutants/Marvel theme as well)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.