Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed this last night. And I can't tell if its been ripped or bitten off. Also what should I do to treat it? There are live plants in his tank. I've also taken out the things that might have caused it.

Housing
What size is your tank? I'm not sure. Maybe a 16 gallon tall.
What temperature is your tank? 80-81
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Yes
Is your tank heated? No
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? A few pond snails

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Omega One Pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? Once a day and fast him on Sunday.

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? Once a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 50-40%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? I haven't tested it today. I will later tonight.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Just the torn fin.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? It hasn't
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Just last night
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Just making sure the water is a little warmer.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Nope. Hes been very healthy.
How old is your fish (approximately)? I got him in September. But I don't know how old he is. He can't be too old.

This is what he looked like when I brought him home:

This was him last night:

And this is his tank:

·
Registered
363 Posts
It looks like a rip imo. He may have flared too hard or got caught on something. It should regrow. My dragon split his, so i put him away from anything reflective and my other boys, warm water changes and wrapped a towel around his tank so he can relax a little, starting to see slight regrowth. He's a beautiful fish. Nice tank too. =)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Here's my red cambodian delta dragon Krieger. I dont think his tail will fully regrow, but i think it gives him character =)

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It already looks like its growing back. I'm just making sure his water is clean and warm!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know, i kind of hope it leave a little v-shape in his tail, but i will be happy if it regrows all the way. Keep us updated on how your boys fin is doing? =)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would give him some character. I will keep you up dated on his healing! One of my other bettas had a tear that was real bad. All the way to his body and it grew back but not all the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.