Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mating accident trying to breed my halfmoon dragon last night with my plakat female. Basically the female really gave him a beating. He's missing about 50% of his dorsal and his tail is missing about 1/8th and is almost split in half. He almost looks like a double tail now. I have him in a 5 gal isolation tank as of right now and I was just wondering what's the best way to treat his fins. :-?

I feel really bad about it because he really looked scared after the accident. He was so beautiful, and I just want to make his transition back to his formal glory as stress free and fast as possible.

Also as of now I have fake plants in the 5 gallon and I was thinking of switching over to anacharis. Would that help him at all? I might upload some pictures when I get home if I can find the camera.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't know about the plants, and I hope your boy feels better soon! Just make sure his water is clean so his tail doesn't get infected~ Maybe a bit of stress coat as well!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of stresscoat should I get for him? I'm just a bit extra worried since I never had a betta with such badly torn fins before...

·
Registered
692 Posts
I read through the sticky and it says to use Stress Coat water conditioner will help regrowth~ So I'm guessing that is the name of it. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts