Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How fast do fins grow back to normal? My female has torn up fins and just wanted to know approximately how long does it take for them to grow back. She’s an Elephant Ear.
Water Organism Fin Fish Underwater

Organism Fish Fin Tail Art

Organism Fish Fin Water Underwater

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
It could take several months.

Clean water and tannins (either IAL or plain, unscented Rooibos Tea) will improve growth, as any infections on the rims are prevented.

If you don‘t mind, please fill out the form so members can give you best advise on how to promote regrowth:

BF Diseases & Emergencies Form

New growth always shows as clear tissue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
commun mistake is set up aquarium with a lot rock or gravel, this is bacterial support, and if the bacterie(positive for the cycle of aquarium are over )and if this bacterie not find food enough they go on fish and this one happen,
reset your aquarium and more water change some salt for reduce acidity of water will make the fish recover slowly
good food good water is the key for betta

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
In the Diseases & Emergencies sub forum, we ask members to refrain from advise until original poster has filled out the form, so members can base their advise on that information.

Guidelines for answering calls for help

Edit: Sorry, @fredoparis, I just realized the thread originally was in the Betta Care section. My apologies. I moved it over to Diseases & Emergencies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts