Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goku was not very active betta from the first day I got him. Few days ago, he started to show sign of sickness. He was weak and he didn't eat for couple of days. So, I took him to the hospital tank and treated him. 3 days later, he was eating and improving. I took him back to his own house and everything seemed to be OK. Last I saw him, he was sitting by the filter which he always did. Next day, he was still at the same spot, but not moving. I got worried so I checked on him. This time, he was gone! I tried to pick up his lifeless body with a net and I couldn't get him. Then I realized his fin got stuck in the filter. I turned the filter off immediately and tried to free his body, but it was really stuck. I had to pull his fin gently so I won't rip his fin off. When I finally freed his body, I realized one of his eye was missing! I felt so bad! Was he still too weak to go back to his house yet? Needless to say, that was the most horrific death of betta I have ever experienced.

I am so sorry Goku. You didn't have to go through this... Rest in peace beautiful!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Aww I'm so sorry! :(

R.I.P. Goku

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss...
It was a Truly awful story of what happened to him...
He's in the Great Big Ocean in the Sky now...
He was a Beautiful One... ;'(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. It breaks my heart to see him go like that. Was he struggling to free himself from the filter? I just feel so guilty... :(

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't feel guilty! It happens to all of us! And plus, it's not like you knew Goku was going to get stuck:(. My penguin tetra got into a fight with another tetra and he lost an eye and died soon after. He was the littlest one and I had and I had hopes of him growing up and being as strong as his fellow friends.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
This brought tears to my eyes

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I am wondering if there was anything I could have done to prevent it... :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts