Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be moving about 2,000 miles away, and I want to bring my betta. What's the best way to do so? I'll be taking a 4-hour flight.

Is there any way to bring my tank/live plants, or should I just plan to start over there? It's only a 3.5-gal with some java ferns, so nothing extensive.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm going to be moving about 2,000 miles away, and I want to bring my betta. What's the best way to do so? I'll be taking a 4-hour flight.

Is there any way to bring my tank/live plants, or should I just plan to start over there? It's only a 3.5-gal with some java ferns, so nothing extensive.
Shipping is always an option... there's a sticky about how to ship a betta (http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=35196). Plants can be put in a Ziploc bag with a papertowel and some tank water and shipped, and the tank you can fill with packaging material and ship as well.

Some people have managed to bring bettas on flights, but I have no personal experience with that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and called the airline to see what kind of restrictions they might have, and you actually can just ship the entire tank (or at least I can, since it's only a 3.5-gal) in a climate-controlled baggage compartment. It just needs to be in an airtight container, inside some kind of crate/kennel so they can secure it down.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I went ahead and called the airline to see what kind of restrictions they might have, and you actually can just ship the entire tank (or at least I can, since it's only a 3.5-gal) in a climate-controlled baggage compartment. It just needs to be in an airtight container, inside some kind of crate/kennel so they can secure it down.
That's awesome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts