Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going home for Christmas break and I don't want to leave my buddy behind. I was wondering what the best way to transport him would be.

So far I plan on putting him in the betta cup he came in, putting that in a box with a hot water bottle and towels. When I stop to get gas I was going to refill the hot water. Would this work? I'm kinda nervous cause I live in a pretty cold area.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I think that would work fine! =] OH! You just reminded me of something!!! :D THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol you're welcome! :-D

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Pack him like you're shipping him:

http://thebettaspa.com/
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=35196

Heat packs work better and last 10-72 hours. I reccomend a 10 hour one for this trip..it'll reach it's peak temperature sooner and slowly die off. You can buy a heat pack from a sports store. Be careful though...your boy can get overheated if you don't use the heat pack properly (never let the heat pack come into contact with the fish bag).

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I agree with MrVampire, that'd be a great way, but just be careful!!
I took a 5-hr trip with mine just a day ago.
I have a 1gal critter carrier, fille dit up about halfway with warmer-than-usual (but not too warm!) of water, had the bottom bare with only his thermometer so I could see the temp and some plastic plants floating at the top because he loves hiding <3 I kept him between my legs or in my lap the whole time (yeah- I got wet a few times DX) which kept him warm, and kept the car a bit warmer than normal too. I had a towel over top to help with splashing and keep the ambient temp out ^w^ His temp didnt drop below 75 (from 81!) in the entire 5 hours.
Idk, maybe that'll help. Good luck, happy tavels :3

·
Registered
212 Posts
Heya!

As long as your Betta is warm and feels safe, you're good! We travel by RV full time with our Betta, Fishwish. When driving on the road to our next destination, he goes into his betta cup. I constantly monitor his temperature with a temp gun. If cold, I have a little Hydor flat heater that I plug into an inverter to keep him warm if need be. (I lay it near the outside of his cup) But usually we keep the RV pretty warm while traveling so he's good without that:)

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts