Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all~

I'm a sophomore in college and I've had my betta, Alexander, for over a year now. Last year I was fortunate enough to have a family friend take care of him while I went home for winter vacation, but this year they cannot take care of him. It is about a 15 hour car ride home and I'll be gone for about two and a half weeks. I am still searching to see if I can find someone else that can take care of him for me while I'm gone, but I'm preparing for the worst. Does anyone have any advice for traveling that long with a betta. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Insulated lunch box, a plastic container, some bubble wrap or new paper, and road trip.
If it really cold may want to invest in a heat pak.
R
+1

Its also good to use styro with newspaper they really keep the cold out :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I posted a reply in another thread to someone in a similar situation. If you live off-campus, hire a pet sitter. Google for pet sitters in your area and interview a few. Many pet sitters will take of fish. Just be sure to go over the detals of how to care for your betta.

If you live in a dorm, see if a pet sitter would be willing to have the tank at his/her place while you are gone.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
15 hours is a long drive I'd go with a pet sitter too. However, you want to be sure you dole out the food in a day of the week pill box so they don't overfeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts