Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two betta fishes and next week i'll have to travel by car 3-4 hours. I'll stay there for like 3 weeks and i need to take my fishes with me. Since i'm gonna have a stop at a mall and leave my fishes in the car, some tips to take care of them while they are there? I can't just leave them in the hot car. My mom said that I should leave them next to a bag of ice or in the bag of ice where the animal meat is. I don't think it's a good idea,wouldn't they get hurt ? Some ideas? And can I place them in seperate jars with their water ?:serious:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
They'll be fine in the hot car LOL. They like hot more than cold, as long as the tank water doesn't get over 86* F max.

Reactions: Misahanekawa

·
Registered
808 Posts
For a trip of that length, I would recommend getting a travel mug for each of them. I use travel mugs when travelling to and from school (4-6 hours). This will keep the temperature warm and stable. While in the mall, I would try to park in the shade, put them in the shade and maybe put a cool wet towel around the cups if you plan on being inside for a long period of time. If you have enough time, you could do some tests with regular water and see how warm or cold it gets with different ideas.

Reactions: Misahanekawa

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I would put them in large 1L bottles filled 1/3-1/2 full of water. Leave them in a cooler filled with plain tank-temperature water. The cooler and the water around them will keep their temperature from becoming too cold or too warm.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
They don't need expensive breather bags. Wast of money. Clean out an one bottle, at least 1L or larger, per fish. I travel with my bettas closed up for more than two days in Talenti containers and I have never had one stripe, much less die.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.