Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jumping in this thread. Just noticed my Prince has curled fins too!! Our water is hard but I always add betta conditioner. I have a bottle of Prime, but no dropper or anything yet. Is there any way to help soften the water? Hope PonyJumper doesn't mind me chiming in, I just didn't want to make a new thread...also if the picture is too big I can remove it, not sure how to resize it on my phone :/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
It was probably the pet stores water. I don't think you can fix them once they've curled. My Neptune's curled a while ago after a bout with fin rot. His never recovered. There are a few different reasons why they can curl, but it seems almost always it is because of hard water.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Thin pieces of fins (i.e. CT spikes) will curl up from hard water as Registered said. You can't uncurl them, they'll probably fall off or stay like that. Don't worry, if they fall off they'll grow back. :) And.. He's so pretty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.